fredag 29 mars 2013

I'M JUST A SINNER (LOOKING FOR A SAINT)

All round the world people sound the word
Living by the good book
But then the devil's fishermen
Lure them with a baited hook
It's easy to take the sleazy view
Do whatever it takes
And never dwell your wishes when
Something in your system breaks

But I'm just a sinner looking for a saint
My inner soul has got some taint
I need redemption
I want to repent
I'm just a sinner looking for a saint

I've lived my life not afraid of strife
Never caring for deeds
And I have made a lot of cash
Serving all the people's needs
And now I live for the chance to give
Something back to the poor
Although they say I've gotten brash
With illusions from grandeur

But I'm just a sinner...

Show me the way
(Show me the way)
Show me the light
(Show me the light)
Help me through the day
Help me through the night
I need redemption
I want to repent
I'm just a sinner looking for a saint

Some people said if I never prayed
I could never be saved
That I'm a hypocrite that
Forever will remain depraved
But I believe I can still achieve
More than any boy scout
And come to think of it that
Cheap talking I can do without

Cause I'm just a sinner..

Show me the way...